I’m starting a new weekly feature here for you guys – Digital Tuesdays! I’ll link up the newest downloads for My Digital Studio and give you a tip or a trick or just a way to get your digital mojo moving.
Today’s Tip is How to Recolor your Embellishments
This card was CASEd from Pals Paper Arts sketch of the week. I started with the Mailbox love notes paper, which I haven’t really had a chance to play with since I downloaded it with FREE with the MDS Class. The diagonal heart striped DSP was a perfect inspiration for the rest of my card.
Here’s the materials list:
- Card Stock – Pool Party
- Chillin Out Pocket Cards – arrows 2 (re-colored) Color = COASTAL CABANA
- A Split Second – arrow (re-colored) Color = COASTAL CABANA
- Basic Gray Grosgrain Ribbon
- Basic Gray Grosgrain Ribbon – bow
- Chillin Out Pocket Cards – bring on the fun, Color = BASIC BLACK 19,27,29
- Corner Rounder, Fill Color = 225,61,112 (picked up from Mailbox Love Notes hearts DSP)
- Corner Rounder, Filled with: Designer Series Paper – Mailbox Love Notes – 5
- Corner Rounder, Filled with: COASTAL CABANA
- Designer Series Paper – Vintage Overlays
- Designer Series Paper – Mailbox Love Notes – 3
- Designer Series Paper – Mailbox Love Notes – 2
I liked the arrows from the Chillin Out Pocket Cards download and the chevrons from the A Split Second Photobook download. The awesome thing about all those great downloads is that in addition to the layouts and cards, you get all the pieces that make them up to use in other projects. The only problem was that the colors on these two sets didn’t necessarily jive with the color scheme I was working with…
Well, that’s no problem at all. Just add those little guys and click the little “re-color” button right in your resource palette and voila! Instant color coordination!
If you haven’t downloaded your FREE trial of My Digital Studio yet, you can get it HERE. And when you download your FREE copy of MDS from me, you also get complimentary access to my Introduction to MDS Class.
And don’t forget to check out this week’s brand spanking new My Digital Studio Downloads HERE!