Yesterday I posted up the crafts we did at last weeks Finally Friday Crafty Night Out. The theme this month was “Christmas in July” and one of the hot items we made was this little Christmas Cracker:
Today I thought I’d give you a quick tutorial on how to make this little guy. These are great for any kind of party favor. Just change up the paper and the tag and you can make it suit any occasion. Once you see just how easy this is, you will flip! And then you will make a huge stack for your next party.
Envelope Punch Board #133774
Designer Series Paper Stack (Click HERE)
Ribbon (Click HERE)
Bracket Punch #132153
Tags for you #131823
- Select a sheet of DSP from the paper stack. If you don’t want to use paper stack, you just need to cut your paper to 4 1/2 x 6 1/2
- Score at 1 1/2, 2. 2 1/2, 4, 4 1/2, & 5 inches on the long side of the paper.
- Rotate 90 and score at 1,2,3, & 4 inches
- Fold on all score lines
- Fold down the first of the long score lines and punch at 1 1/2 and 5 inches on the envelope board
- Continue for each of the remaining 3 score lines
- Punch the larger flap with the same measurements
- Use some sticky strip on the smaller flap and fold in half to adhere to larger flap and create a tube.
- Tie ends of tube off with ribbon
- Stamp tag onto scrap cardstock and punch with bracket punch
- Adhere tag to cracker with a dimensional
If you’d like a video tutorial, check on my YouTube Channel later this week. And if you’re in the NY Hudson Valley and you’d like to attend the next Finally Friday Crafty Night Out, check out my other up-coming classes, click HERE